Full program description
Successful managers know the importance of building strong relationships with their team members. This certificate equips both new and experienced managers with the skills and resources necessary to foster strong connections, lead change, and resolve potential conflicts. Whether operating in an in-person office environment or a remote work setting, managers will learn practical ways to better coach and motivate their teams. Through interactive exercises, videos, self-assessments, and case studies, the self-paced courses included in this certificate provide opportunities to practice and apply key management skills.
- Identify key strategies for managing people, including remote workers
- Distinguish between managers and individual contributors as well as the various types of organizational structures
- Describe the process of hiring, training, and developing employees and memorize key HR laws
- Support an empowered team and promote high employee performance
- Identify the various types of difficult employee behavior and understand when to coach, discipline, or terminate an employee
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and identify strategies for in-person and virtual communication
- Identify different behaviors which can pose challenges to negotiation and may cause impasses
- Determine what should occur before, during, and after a meeting
- Approach negotiation thoughtfully by considering the negotiation type and employing tools like reservation price, ZOPA, and BATNA
- Demonstrate time management skills, including prioritization and setting SMART goals
- Support change initiatives within your organization and minimize employee resistance
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for both emerging and experienced managers in all fields and disciplines.
The Business Management certificate is conferred upon the minimum completion of seven courses with a grade point average of 'C' or better. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
You may request a refund for up to five days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of each course in the suite has been completed. The completion percentage can be viewed on the course progress page within each course.
All courses embed an "Ask the Expert" feature to bring Oregon State University learning support to your learning. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Introduction to Management
Introduction to Negotiations
HR Fundamentals for Managers
Handling Difficult Conversations in the Workplace
Emotional Intelligence for Managers
Handling Workplace Conflict
Program Design Key Features
- Mobile friendly
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games and flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in application