Full program description
What is leadership and why is it important? How does a leader encourage change without triggering fearful resistance? What are the key elements to leading an effective team? What is the role of charisma in leadership? How can a leader achieve work-life balance? This suite of courses addresses all of these questions and many more. The courses in this suite offer advice on leadership that can help you stand out as a leader among your peers. Video segments introduce successful leaders who discuss such issues as how leaders become leaders, leadership ethics, and the differences between leaders, managers, and administrators.
- Develop critical and reflective leadership abilities
- Exhibit responsible decision-making and personal accountability
- Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics and effective teamwork
- Improve communication and presentation skills through practice
- Develop an array of leadership skills and abilities such as resolving conflict, motivating others, and effectively leading change
- Gain an improved sense of social responsibility and connectedness to the larger community through service
- Appreciate individual differences and increase their ability to work effectively with those different from themselves
- Learn and apply leadership concepts, theory, and processes through personal leadership application as well as in groups
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for both emerging and experienced leaders in all fields and disciplines.
The Leadership Development certificate is conferred upon the minimum completion of four courses with a grade point average of 'C' or better. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
Program Design Key Features
- Mobile friendly
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games and flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in application
You may request a refund for up to five days from the date you start each course. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of a course has been completed. The completion percentage can be viewed on the course progress page within each course.
All courses embed an "Ask the Expert" feature to bring Oregon State University learning support to your learning. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Introduction to Leadership
Leading and Managing Change
Leaders and Work-Life Balance
Becoming a Better Leader
Samad Aidane, MSc. PMP
Cross-cultural Leadership Consultant, Trainer, and Coach
Samad has industry experience that spans telecom, finance, health care, and government projects in the U.S., Germany, Austria, and Belgium, with organizations such as HP, Cap Gemini, Time Warner Telecom, and Telefonica. He holds a Master of Science Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership from Middlesex University, U.K. His current Ph.D. research in Applied Neuroscience investigates how findings from neuroscience, social science, and behavioral science can inform our understanding of the effect of culture on emotions, cognition, and behavior and their application to leadership and Cultural Intelligence development.
Samad is certified by the Project Management Institute (PMP) and a member of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society. He has been a featured speaker for organizations such as Nike, Emirates Airlines, and T-Mobile and presented at international conferences, such as Project Management Institute Global Congresses and Oracle OpenWorld.