Full course description
Modern employees are asked to perform more tasks, faster, and with less resources. Multitasking is the norm, and with distractions at every turn and every hour, employees must be always cognizant of their interactions with coworkers, subordinates and supervisors. Emotional intelligence and communication within an organization is especially important if goals are to be met, and inter-office working relationships are to be maintained. This course will address several aspects of effective communication skills, including verbal and non-verbal behaviors, defense mechanisms, NeuroLeadership, difficult conversations, and more.
- Effectively communicate across teams, departments, grade/salary levels, and generations to achieve organizational goals
- Define the roles that self-concept, perception, defensive/supportive communication, passive/aggressive communication, non-verbals, active listening, assertiveness, and conflict play in everyday communication
- Analyze and internalize the impact of verbal and nonverbal communication in workplace interaction, and utilize strong, positive, interactive communication skills
- Utilize modern communication style-indicator techniques to enhance workplace relationships, such as SCARF, DiSC, and NeuroLeadership
- Define "emotional intelligence" and identify its uses in the workplace
Samad Aidane, MSc. PMP
Cross-cultural Leadership Consultant, Trainer, and Coach
Samad has industry experience spans telecom, finance, health care, and government projects in the U.S., Germany, Austria, and Belgium, with organizations such as HP, Cap Gemini, Time Warner Telecom, and Telefonica. He holds a Master of Science Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership from Middlesex University, U.K. His current Ph.D. research in Applied Neuroscience investigates how findings from neuroscience, social science, and behavioral science can inform our understanding of the effect of culture on emotions, cognition, and behavior and their application to leadership and Cultural Intelligence development.
Samad is certified by the Project Management Institute (PMP) and a member of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society. He has been a featured speaker for organizations such as Nike, Emirates Airlines, and T-Mobile and presented at international conferences, such as Project Management Institute Global Congresses and Oracle OpenWorld.