Full course description
No matter your age or what phase of your career you're in, leadership is a crucial skill on the path to success. This course examines how to be an effective leader. This course asks the crucial questions about leadership in today's organizations: What is leadership and why is it important? What does effective leadership require? What is visionary leadership? What is the role of charisma? What is the difference between managing, administering, and leading? This course offers a balance of the theory of leadership with some real-world application to help you develop this critical skill for personal growth and success.
In this course, you will learn:
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Recognize the role of leadership in setting the ethical tone for an organization
- Describe the principles for building an ethical culture
- Explore how leadership requires setting an ethical example
- Discuss how leaders can deal with ethical lapses
- Describe the role of leadership during an ethical crisis
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership
- Explain the role of leadership in shaping an organization's culture
Key Course Features:
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Students are required to complete this course within 90 days of enrollment.
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive CEUs.
Samad Aidane, MSc. PMP
Cross-cultural Leadership Consultant, Trainer, and Coach
Samad has industry experience that spans telecom, finance, health care, and government projects in the U.S., Germany, Austria, and Belgium, with organizations such as HP, Cap Gemini, Time Warner Telecom, and Telefonica. He holds a Master of Science Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership from Middlesex University, U.K. His current Ph.D. research in Applied Neuroscience investigates how findings from neuroscience, social science, and behavioral science can inform our understanding of the effect of culture on emotions, cognition, and behavior and their application to leadership and Cultural Intelligence development.
Samad is certified by the Project Management Institute (PMP) and a member of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society. He has been a featured speaker for organizations such as Nike, Emirates Airlines, and T-Mobile and presented at international conferences, such as Project Management Institute Global Congresses and Oracle OpenWorld.