Full program description
This six-course series on Advising Family Business offers advisors a solid foundation upon which to build their family business expertise. Practical tips are combined with theoretical perspectives to meet the needs of advisors of all types who are interested in providing better service and advice to family business clients. From assessment processes to succession planning, all of the fundamental topics pertinent to advising family businesses are covered in this series.
- Demonstrate the goals, questions, desired outcomes, risks, and potential problems of the consulting process.
- Review the primary objectives of a formal assessment and learn the value of the family sharing their thoughts, feelings, and perceptions.
- Discuss how succession planning should begin while the potential successors are children and clients should be taught about family values, work ethic, money, work-life balance, and other important issues.
- Understand the complex landscape of the systems from the business and family perspective.
- Learn common conflicts and difficulties that arise in family businesses.
- Implement concepts, tools, and techniques to help integrate solutions into the unique personal needs and dynamics to serve a family-owned business.
The Entrepreneurship certificate is conferred upon the minimum completion of four courses with a grade point average of 'C' or better. Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive CEUs.
You may request a refund for up to five days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of each course in the suite has been completed. The completion percentage can be viewed on the course progress page within each course.
Essential Assessment Process
Supporting Families in Conflict
Establishing Policies and Structures
Who Should Attend
- Bankers, accountants, stockbrokers and attorneys
- Mid-career professionals in the finance industry who want to hone their skills for working with Family Businesses.
- College graduates and other individuals who are considering a career in advising family businesses.
All courses embed an "Ask the Expert" feature to bring Oregon State University learning support to your learning. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Program Design Key Features
- Mobile friendly
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Games and flashcards
- Video content
- Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in application